from wikiHow – The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Do you want to be the perfect guy for your girlfriend? This article explains how to be the ‘Mr Right’ she is looking for – without changing yourself!
- The most important thing is to learn about women. If you never understand women in general, how will you understand your girl? Women are very maternal creatures: they love taking care of things. That’s why she cooks you great meals, or worries when you don’t call after you’ve driven home. Understand that she is not being excessively clingy; it is a natural part of being a woman, and therefore part of who she is. Perceive it as a good thing; women are only inclined to do this if they genuinely love and care about you a great deal. If she has stopped doing these things, there’s something wrong! Most women are also very naturally affectionate and will often smother you with hugs and kisses and the like. The fact is, most will. That’s how they think they are showing their love for you. If you feel this is a little too much, tell her gently that you like/love her a lot, but you’re not ready for so much attention just yet. This won’t hurt her feelings, but she will get the message. Remember also that women have been raised around stories that end in girls finding the ‘Perfect Man’, become a Princess and live happily ever after. Therefore, it is ingrained into their subconsciousness that they must find a man who is perfect in every way. While this is basically impossible, this article will help you understand what will make her happy, without changing your own personality.
- Tell her you love her, make sure you mean it.
- Tell her she’s beautiful and mean it. Compliment her not only on her looks, but also on her accomplishments, talents and abilities. Always be sincere.
- Be confident. Be proud of being her boyfriend. There are appropriate times and places for affection. Kissing and intimate touching does not usually go over well in public. But don’t be too shy to hold her hand in public because you shouldn’t be ashamed that she’s yours.
- Never lie. This can taint the relationship and reduce her trust in you considerably.
- Do not argue in public and cause a scene. This will humiliate her and she’ll think twice about going out with you again. Similarly, If you and your girl have an argument, don’t do or say things to her that are mean and spiteful. That will make her think that you’re a maniac.
- Do NOT flirt with other girls at any time, especially when she’s around. It means you’re not loyal to your girl or your relationship with her. Most girls will view it as cheating and you just might lose her. Don’t be stupid.
- Don’t ever let her suffer from back-seat syndrome. Granted, you might have very close female friends who have been around longer. But if you appear to enjoy spending more time with them than your girlfriend – and she has noticed – she may be suffering from what girls call ‘back seat syndrome’. Think: how would you like it if she preferred hanging out with guy friends to you? What if she hung out with her guy friend alone? What if she was constantly texting other guys in your company? If she starts to mention that she is feeling second-place, change your attitude quickly, but don’t let your female friends slip out of the picture. Find balance. Don’t text them in her company, and let her know that you prefer spending time with her than other girls. Like you would with other guys, she will naturally begin to assume they are a threat. Don’t lie to her; you should genuinely enjoy spending time with your girl. If you are attracted to one of your female friends, it is a good idea to cut the communication short; it is highly likely your girlfriend will notice, and ultimately will start to consider how loyal you are to her.
- Don’t start getting lazy about how you look just because you think she’s yours. Continue trying to impress her because she might just lose interest if you begin to slack off.
- If you’re with your friends, never ignore her and start talking with your friends or walk off with them as if she’s not there. How would you feel if she did this to you? Invisible? Make sure you pay attention to her when you’re with your friends. Think about it – she’s a friend too. Girlfriend. If you’re with a group of mates, make sure she doesn’t feel left out if she doesn’t know them well. Glance at her every so often just to let her know you know she’s still there, or offer a genuine smile.
- Become friends with her friends. It gives you more things in common with your girl. Eventually, her friends will love you, and that’s a definite turn-on for your girlfriend.
- Make a good impression on her parents. Even if you don’t particularly like them, they can be your greatest allies in the long run.
- BE THOUGHTFUL. The small things matter the most. Be a gentleman; hold doors open for her, be polite and be helpful. Ask her if she’s cold when it’s cold out; have a jacket or a sweater handy so you can give it to her. When she isn’t feeling well, or home sick; bring her some soup, hot tea or flowers. Hold her hand at the movies or when you’re walking. Get her something just because. Make her happy by buying her little gifts. Small things like a single flower or a bag of her favourite candy or a chocolate bar will go a long way. Girls love that.
- Remember important dates. This is a big deal with women. Birthdays, anniversaries and other milestones are all opportunities to show her how special she is to you. When it’s her birthday, bring her breakfast in bed and some flowers. When it’s your anniversary, book something special for you both to let her know how much you appreciate and love her. Remember that women have the idea of being spoiled on these occasions embedded into their psyche from the media. Rose petals on your bed, dinner at a beautiful restaurant – she will have some expectations, and if she is realistic she will not expect much.
- Remember what she likes and dislikes. How does she like her eggs cooked? What is her favorite flower? Is she a morning person? She will be very impressed that you have been paying attention. Be thoughtful.
- Touch her regularly. Even the slightest touch can make a woman feel special. Hold her hand, give her a hug or gently touch her face–these gestures will all make her feel protected and loved.
- Write her love notes. They don’t have to be long, mushy and poetic if you’re not the type. But try to make them cute and show her that you care. This is a great way to be romantic. Tell her that your lucky that you found her. She loves it when you say it. Just be sure you mean it.
- Every woman loves a bit of alone time with her partner. Book a whole day for the two of you to be alone. Watch a movie at home, massage her back, snuggle and be intimate. She will love you for it.
- Share your everyday events and thoughts with your girl. Being open and communicative makes her feel like you want her in your life. On the same note, listen to her advice even if you don’t agree. Keep an open ear.
- Listen to her. The number one complaint many women have regarding men is that they don’t listen. Even if you’re not particularly interested in what she’s saying, listen, then acknowledge that you were listening. Let her know that you are the one that she can talk to about anything! Be there for her through thick and thin. She will feel comfortable with you and trust you.
- Always stand up for her no matter what. It shows her that you are always on her side.
- Lastly, if you want her to be yours forever, let her know you’re there for her when she needs, be by her side, and most importantly make her feel loved, special, safe and protected. Your woman wants to be your queen so treat her as such and you’ll have no problem.
- If she wants to pay for something, let her.
- Make sure you spend enough time with her.
- Make sure to remember her birthday, your anniversary and get her nice surprises. If you are forgetful or at a loss for ideas, take a look at the free service:
- Do not say or do anything that will offend her or hurt her.
- Whatever you do, never offend her friends.
- Do not cause an argument that isn’t necessary.
- Don’t be afraid to give her a little hug any time.
- Your friends might accuse you of being “whipped”. This probably isn’t true, just ignore them. At the end of the day, you have a beautiful girlfriend who loves you, so who cares?
- Do not pressure her to have sex with you, if she wants to take it slow. Everything you do from then on will be tainted.
- Do not text any other girls all the time. This will worry her and make her feel cheated. She’s your girl, you need no others.
- Do not bring up your ex’s , your girlfriend will feel like shes just of one of your many.
- How to Cook for Your Girlfriend
- How to Treat Your Girlfriend
- How to Be the Man for Your Girlfriend
- How to Maintain a Relationship over the Summer
- How to Make a Woman Happy
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make Your Girlfriend Happy. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.